The Smart Lab is an open workshop where modern industrial production methods and development processes are used to produce individual items or prototypes with different materials.
Students, scientists, entrepreneurs and interested parties have direct access to innovative production technologies here. They can implement their projects, develop products, produce prototypes or plan start-ups. The Smart Lab provides support in the form of infrastructure and expertise.
The following devices are provided, among others:
- 3D printer
- Laser cutter
- CNC machines and electronics workstations
At the Smart Lab, the following can also take place:
- The didactic bases of integrating digital development and manufacturing processes into social science, artistic and natural science subjects can be researched;
- School pupils and teachers can be involved in the design and prototype implementation of ToolKits | teaching materials for use in schools;
- Methods of digital production (incl. generative design, rapid prototyping) can be integrated into the medial acting of subject-related and interdisciplinary learning;
- Project experience can be acquired for exchanging experiences between different schools and school types.
The Smart Lab is also a joint workshop for the educational lab modules where children and young people are provided with technical knowledge and the opportunity to implement their ideas during workshops.