Infineon Technologies 24
The industrial doctorate at Infineon: Pursue a doctoral degree at a university and gain professional experience simultaneously - an ideal start for your career. Advance your research with us and profit from our vast network of doctoral candidates and the expertise of a university. Mentorship is handled by both professors and dedicated Infineon employees.
We are offering a doctoral thesis dealing with natural language processing related to Failure Analysis (FA). The FA is a challenging job area supporting the semiconductor fabrication process. In the context of digitalization, we focus on the design and development of knowledge-based systems guiding the FA staff by providing important information related to their activities. The novel systems should be able to combine various knowledge representation and reasoning techniques with machine learning approaches to process, store, retrieve, navigate, and recommend the information when it is required by the FA personnel.
In your new role you will:
- Work in connection with FA experts to design knowledge bases formalizing their knowledge about the fault analysis process
- Apply machine learning methods to extract knowledge from databases and file shares
- Use AI techniques to identify activities of FA personnel and recommend information sources helping them to accomplish their tasks more efficiently
- Develop intelligent user interfaces allowing for a non-invasive knowledge acquisition from FA engineers during their activities
- Work in the international context of an European project with international partners
- We welcome you to join our international team of experts and contribute to novel AI solutions for industry digitalization!
- You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A master degree in the area of informatics or equivalent
- Programming skills in Python, R, C# Skills in knowledge representation and reasoning (Ontologies, Description logic) Query languages (SPARQL)
- Experience with machine learning and NLP is a plus
- Understanding of principles of recommender systems and human-computer iteration
- Excellent knowledge of English language (German is a plus)
The application should include:
- Your CV
- Motivation letter
- Copy of your master degree certificate if already available
- Otherwise: copy of your latest study transcript
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry. The salary for this position is EUR 2.760,00 gross p. m. (full-time basis).