Infineon Technologies 23
The industrial doctorate at Infineon: Pursue a doctoral degree at a university and gain professional experience simultaneously - an ideal start for your career. Advance your aresearch with us and profit from our vast network of doctoral candidates and the expertise of a university. Mentorship is handled by both professors and dedicated Infineon employees.
We are offering a doctoral thesis dealing with natural language processing related to the FEMA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) generator. Infineon owns wide and deep technological knowledge stored in various forms, e.g., images, text, or speech, which are suitable for engineers but cannot be easily processed by computers. In order to make this knowledge systematically available for risk management (FMEA), the existing storage forms must be converted into machineprocessable representation using artificial intelligence techniques. The novel system should be able to combine various knowledge representations and reasoning techniques (e.g., ontologies) with machine learning approaches to process, store, retrieve, navigate, and recommend the information when it is required by teams of engineers.
In your new role you will:
- Work in connection with semiconductor experts to design knowledge bases formalizing their knowledge about the manufacturing process
- Apply machine learning methods to extract knowledge from different data sources (text documents, spoken language)
- Develop AI based methods to link root causes and failure effects in semiconductor environment and make them accessible to a human interface
- Use these AI techniques to apply for the generation and improvement of documents for risk management (FMEA)
- Work in the international context of an European project with international partners
We welcome you to join our international team of experts and contribute to novel AI solutions for industry digitalization!
- You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A master degree in the area of informatics or equivalent
- Programming skills in Python, R, C# Skills in knowledge representation and reasoning (Ontologies, Description logic) Query languages (SPARQL)
- Experience with machine learning and NLP is a plus
- Understanding of principles of recommender systems and human-computer iteration
- Excellent knowledge of English language (German is a plus)
The application should include:
- Your CV
- Motivation letter
- Copy of your master degree certificate if already available
- Otherwise: copy of your latest study transcript
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry. The salary for this position is EUR 2.760,00 gross p. m. (full-time basis).