GIS Engineer for Data Products & Services (f/m/d)
Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody.
We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data
and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
place of employment: Klagenfurt
- You contribute towards our Map & GIS services throughout the full software development lifecycle
- You continuously improve software & GIS data quality
- You are automating what is not
- Performing effective design and code-reviews giving your team less work down the line
- You develop clean, well-commented and reusable code
- You work closely with our product and development teams
- Great passion for GIS software & data development
- Degree in Geoinformation, Information Technology or equivalent years of work experience
- Experience in one or more: QGIS, ArcGIS, Java, Python, SQL/noSQL
- Knowledge of one or more: Maps (OSM, here, TomTom), Geocoding, Geofencing
- Working experience in data engineering for GIS of advantage
- Agile mindset in an agile environment
- Good oral and written English
Our offer to you
- Challenging limits of mobility for a healthy world without congestion
- An interesting full-time position within one of our growing markets
- Working in a friendly environment in an ambitioned team, brave to try out new technologies
- Onboarding with experienced colleagues to get familiar with the business and the domain
- Social benefits of a modern company, e.g. Homeoffice, mobile devices, flexible working hours, bridge day regulation etc.
- A market compliant gross salary in line with your qualifications and your job experience
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Market-compatible gross salary, however it can be adapted according to your qualifications and relevant experience
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.
Please send your documents (resume and motivation letter) to: Uwe Hribernig