DEIF Wind Power Technology Austria GmbH 2
As the leading company in the development of retrofit solutions for wind turbines, DEIF increase the efficiency of renewable energy by offering environmentally friendly ways of creating energy from renewable sources. Would you like to be part of the team that develop innovative solutions based on smart control and load management strategies, machine learning and professional software environments for our global customers? With our wind team located in Skive, Odense, Silkeborg and Klagenfurt (Austria), DEIF is looking for a Control & Load Engineer to join our team in Klagenfurt (Austria).
Your primary work tasks will include:
- Optimise the performance of wind turbines with innovative control strategies, considering the limits of mechanical and electrical loads.
- Design new control strategies
- Calculate and optimise the fatigue and extreme loads in wind turbines
- Review and optimise wind turbine performance based on big data sets and evaluate improvements jointly with other colleagues or customers directly.
- Define requirements for wind turbine software developers
- Sales support on explaining controls, optimisations or loads to customers
- Run measurement campaigns to optimise the turbine’s performance
- Depending on your interest and a given opportunity, you can also take the role as technical project manager or you can design completely new wind turbine upgrade kits.
We are looking for a passionate Control & Load Engineer who seek to continuously improve their skills and adapt to new technical challenges.
- Master or PhD. within the fields of physics, renewable energy, controls, electric engineering, thermodynamics, aerodynamics, mechanical engineering or similar
- Knowledge in the design of control strategies
- Base experience in data- and performance analysis
- Handling of Matlab or similar tools
- Basic knowledge about mechanical loads and drive trains
- Ability to work in heights
- Programming experience in Python, C++, Fortran or similar
- Mechanical engineering
- Wind turbine load evaluation systems like Bladed, Flex or OpenFast
- Design electrical solutions, drive trains, power converters, generators
- Mechatronics or robotics
- Experience in requirement specification, review as well as test and validation on various simulation platforms and prepare software release procedures
- Experience in working in or designing of wind turbines
- Ability to work abroad for a longer period at a time
- For the position, we are looking for a candidate who poses good communication skills, is fluent in English in both writing and speech and who perhaps knows other languages as well (e.g. German, Danish, Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish etc.). A person who holds an international mind-set and who would thrive with international travels.
a professional and motivating work environment at the Klagenfurt Lakeside Park with great employee benefits that include lunch vouchers, free fruits and drinks as well as flexible office hours and home-office options for greater work-life balance.
The monthly salary of this position is subject to your experience, qualifications and skills. The salary will start at a minimum of 3000 €.
What can you expect to find at DEIF?
The core of our values is respect for the individual, ambition to become better at all times, and an understanding of our organisation as a whole. We believe that the values grow the best in an informal working environment characterised by freedom with responsibility and a flat organisational structure, where many tasks are performed in close cooperation across the organisation.
DEIF is very concerned with corporate social responsibility as well as social responsibility, and we have a very special focus on sustainability. We have introduced our own code of conduct, which are based on internationally recognised conventions on human rights, labour rights, safety & environment and anti-corruption.
Send your application and CV as soon as possible on our website www.deif.com/careers.
If you want to learn more about the position, feel free to contact Alexander Gröber